Mr. Tannenbaum received his B.A. in English Literature from The George Washington University in 1983 and a J.D./M.B.A. degree from the University of Colorado in 1992. At the University of Colorado, he was a member of Law Review and published a comment on Banking Law and State Law Preemption. Subsequent to law school, Mr. Tannenbaum clerked for the Honorable Mary R. Hamill, Judge of the Tax Court of New Jersey.
Paul Tannenbaum joined Zipp Tannenbaum & Caccavelli, LLC in September of 1997. Zipp Tannenbaum & Caccavelli, LLC is a law firm specializing in real property taxation, redevelopment law and other real property litigation. Mr. Tannenbaum’s practice includes representation of taxpayers in New Jersey and Pennsylvania with respect to a wide variety of commercial, industrial, retail, assisted living and nursing home, corporate headquarter, apartment, hotel, marina, and golf and resort properties. These properties include the Franklin Mills Mall, Cheltenham Mall, Montgomery Mall, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Riverside Square Mall, Quakerbridge Mall, the Chester Downs Casino, the United States Postal Services’ former Airmail Facility at the Philadelphia International Airport, Hertz Corporate Headquarters, the Cove Haven, Paradise Stream and Pocono Palace Resorts in Monroe County, Pa, Shackamaxon Country Club and the Red Bull Arena Soccer Stadium.
Mr. Tannenbaum was also a Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Attorney General’s office, where he represented the New Jersey Division of Taxation in matters involving state and local property taxation. Mr. Tannenbaum’s trial experience includes multi-million dollar matters involving nursing homes, a 65-acre mixed use (office, retail, movie-theater, hotel, convention center) development and a 1,000,000 square foot former industrial plant. Additionally, Mr. Tannenbaum has represented numerous clients in property tax matters involving exemptions, abatements and farmland assessments, as well as property owners in condemnation proceedings. Mr. Tannenbaum also frequently counsels clients with respect to property tax issues relating to the purchase and sale of real estate, and assisting clients with property tax projections for budgetary purposes. Mr. Tannenbaum is also a former member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on the Tax Court and lectures regularly on issues involving local real property taxation.
1. 1959 Highway 34, L.L.C. v. Township of Wall, 29 N.J. Tax 506 (Tax 2016).
2. East Newark Town Center, LLC v. East Newark Borough, 29 N.J. Tax 164 (Tax 2016).
3. Target Corp. v. Toms River, 27 N.J. Tax 19 (Tax 2012).
4. Mesivta Ohr Torah of Lakewood v. Township of Lakewood, 24 N.J. Tax 314 (Tax 2008).
5. Coldwell Banker Commercial/Feist & Feist Realty Corp. v. Blancke P.W. L.L.C., 368 N.J. Super. 382, 846 A.2d 633 (App. Div. 2004).
6. Saddle Mountain LP v. Ringwood, 20 N.J. Tax 29 (Tax 2002).
7. Spiegel. v. Harrison, 19 N.J. Tax 291 (App. Div. 2001).
8. 2nd Roc-Jersey Assocs. v. Morristown, 158 N.J. 581, 687 A.2d 1000 (1999).
9. In re I/M/O Route 206 at New Amwell Road, 322 N.J. Super. 345, 731 A.2d 56 (App. Div. 1999).
10. Bellemead Dev. Corp. v. Roseland, 16 N.J. Tax 369 (Tax 1997).
11. In re Opinion 682 of the Advisory Committee on Professional Ethics, 147 N.J. 360 (1997).
12. Hull Junction Holding Corp. v. Princeton Borough, 16 N.J. Tax 68 (Tax 1996).
13. Sutton Warehousing, Inc. v. Director, Div. of Taxation, 290 N.J. Super. 686, 676 A.2d 615 (App. Div. 1996).
14. Newman. v. Director, Div. of Taxation, 15 N.J. Tax 228 (App. Div. 1995).
Simon Properties Group, United States Post Office, Lukoil North America, E.I. DuPont De Nemours and Company, Toys R Us, the Hertz Corporation, Prologis, Conair, Genesis HealthCare, Caesars Entertainment Corp., Red Bull Arena, Inc., Inland Real Estate Group of Companies.